Eucharistic Reflection - Prayer To The Hidden Prisoner of the Tabernacle

"Oh God, hidden in the prison of the Tabernacle! I come with joy to You each evening to thank You for the graces You have given me. I ask pardon for the faults I committed today, which just has slipped away like a dream.

(Photo©Michael Seagriff)


O Jesus, how happy I would be if I had been faithful, but Alas! Often in the evening I am sad because I feel I could have corresponded better with Your graces ... If I were more united to You, more charitable, more humble, and more mortified, I would feel less sorrow when I talk with You in prayer.

And yet, O my God, very far from becoming discouraged at the sight of my miseries, I come to You with confidence, recalling that “those who are well do not need a doctor but the sick do. “ I beg You, then, to cure me and pardon me. I will keep in mind, Lord, “that the soul to whom You have forgiven more should also love You more than the others!” ... I offer You every beat of my heart as so many acts of love and reparation, and I unite them to Your infinite merits. I beg you, O my Divine Bridegroom, to be the Restorer of my soul, to act in me despite my resistance, and lastly, I wish to have no other will but Yours. Tomorrow, with the help of Your grace, I will begin a new life in which each moment will be an act of love and renunciation.

Thus, after coming each evening to the foot of Your altar, I will finally reach the last evening of my life. Then will begin for me the unending day of eternity when I will place in Your Divine Heart the struggles of exile! Amen"

(Prayer to Jesus in the Tabernacle by St. Therese of Lisieux from St. Faustina Prayer Book For Adoration)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Monday Musings - Eucharistic Revival