Eucharistic Reflection - Let Him Not Love Me In Vain

(Image Source: Wikimedia Commons)
"Jesus, Who loves each one of us in particular gives Himself to each one. Love that is general little moves us. But we can not resist a love that is shown to us personally. That God loved the world is very beautiful; but that He loves me, myself, tells me so, and, to convince me, gives Himself to me, that is the triumph of His love.

For Jesus comes for me; I might say He comes for me alone. I am the object of this mystery of infinite power and love which is being enacted on the holy altar; it aims at me, is perfected in me. O love, what shall I give in return? That I, poor creature that I am, should occupy thus the thought  of Jesus Christ! That I should be the goal of His love! Oh, live and reign in me my God! I will not that Thou shouldst have loved me in vain!

(St. Peter Julian Eymard from Holy Communion)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Eucharistic Reflection - To Have The Right Intention

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 7, 2024