Pondering Tidbits of Truth - August 11, 2016




Pondering Tidbits of Truth is my simple and inadequate way of providing nuggets of spiritual wisdom for you to chew on from time to time.


St. Augustine

There is no sin or crime committed by another which I myself am not capable of committing through my weakness; and if I have not committed it, it is because God, in his mercy, has not allowed me to and has preserved me in the good.

(From Confessions)


St. Francis de Sales

One has to suffer, in patience, the setbacks to our perfection, doing whatever we can to make progress in good spirit. We hope with patience, and instead of getting frustrated at having done so little in the past, we try diligently to do more in the future.

(From The Art of Profiting from our Mistakes by Joseph Tissot)


St. Thomas Aquinas

The omnipotence of God is shown, above all, in the act of his forgiveness and the use of his mercy, for the way he has of showing His supreme power is to pardon freely..."

(From Summa Theologiae)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Monday Musings - Eucharistic Revival