Eucharistic Reflection – The Invention of Love


(St. Vincent Ferrer Parish, NYC)
The Eucharist is the invention of Love!. . .Yet how few souls corre­spond to that love which spends and consumes itself for them! I live in the midst of sinners that I may be their life, their physician, and the remedy of the diseases bred by corrupt nature. And in return they forsake, insult, and despise me.

 . . .Poor pitiable sinners, do not turn away from me. . . . Day and night, I am on the watch for you in the tabernacle. I will not reproach you. . . I will not cast your sins in your face.. . But I will wash them in My Blood and in My Wounds. No need to be afraid. . . . Come to Me. . . . If you but knew how dearly I love you. 

And you, dear souls, why this coldness and indifference on your part? . . . Do I not know that family cares . . .household concerns .. .and the requirements of your position in life make continual calls upon you?

 . . . But can not you spare a few minutes in which to come and prove your affection and your gratitude? Do not allow yourselves to be involved in useless and incessant cares, but spare a few moments to visit and receive this Prisoner of Love !

(Sister Josefa Menendez, The Way of Divine Love, as quoted by Father Florian Racini in Could You Not Watch With Me One Hour-How to Cultivate a Deeper Relationship with the Lord through Eucharistic Adoration)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Monday Musings - Eucharistic Revival