Book Review - A Subtle Grace



I was looking forward to the publication of this book, sequel to the author’s earlier novel, “In Name Only”. Pressing family matters delayed my writing and posting this review sooner.

"A Subtle Grace" begins years after "In Name Only" ended, but it seemed that I had never left the O’Donovan family. The author quickly brought us “up to speed” as to what had happened in the intervening years.  Her characters and the new story line leaped from the novel’s pages.

I love this author's work and was probably predisposed to be favorable. But even I did not expect such a gripping tale. How good was this book? I bypassed a number of “March Madness” games because I was mesmerized and intrigued by the plot, its characters, surprise turns and its fast pace. The book exceeded all of my expectations. It was difficult for me to put it down.

Who says an author can not weave her faith throughout a novel without losing her audience? You be wrong if you thought so.

Ellen is a gifted author, a great story-teller and a faithful and courageous Catholic. Do yourself a favor. Read this book! Then go get copies of her other novels.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Eucharistic Reflection - To Have The Right Intention

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 7, 2024