Eucharistic Reflection - Say It To Him!



There are times when physical lassitude, cold or heat, an importunate thought, a trial with its sting still fresh, baffles every effort to fix the mind on the subject of prayer, and concentrates the whole attention on what for the moment is all-absorbing.

Times harder still to manage, when mind and heart are so absolutely vacant and callous that there is no rousing them to action.


(Photo©Michael Seagriff)
This reflection will sometimes be helpful then: What should I have to say were I in the presence of the one I loved best in the world; with whom I am quite at my ease; my friend par excellence; to whom my trials, difficulties, character, the secrets of my soul are known; that one in whose concerns and welfare I take the deepest interest; whose plans and views are mine, discussed again and again together; in whose company time flies and the hour of parting comes too soon – what should I find to say?

Say it, make an effort to say it to Him Who is in the tabernacle yonder.

(Mother Mary Loyola from Coram Sanctissimo)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Eucharistic Reflection - To Have The Right Intention

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 7, 2024