A Simple Question on the Solemnity of the Annunciation


Both the psalmist today and contemporary song writers urge us to say and to sing: “Here I am Lord; I come to do you will.”
 
Our Blessed Mother also reminds us that when God asks us to do something, the only valid responses are the ones that she gave in today's Gospel: “Let it be done to me according to Thy Word” and that which she offered at wedding feast at Cana: “Do whatever He tells you!”
 
Very sound advice indeed. But if they are to be more than mere words, we would do well to frequently ask ourselves:
 
“Would not our lives and the lives of those around us be far different than they currently are, were we to actually do God’s will?”
 

Comments

  1. “Would not our lives and the lives of those around us be far different than they currently are, were we to actually do God’s will?”

    The obvious answer is YES, yet, like Peter, we hesitate. We hesitate because, despite our efforts, our Faith is often weak.

    "I believe, Lord; help my unbelief." Mark 9:24.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Father. Let that always be our prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I believe, Lord; help my unbelief." Mark 9:24.

    You beat me to it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Eucharistic Reflection - To Have The Right Intention

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 7, 2024