Monday Musings - Praying For Our Enemies

[117] Venerable Fulton J. Sheen 


At the very moment when a tree turns against Him and becomes a cross, when iron turns against Him and becomes nails, when roses turn against Him and become thorns, when men turn against Him and become executioners, He lets fall from His lips for the first time in the history of the world a prayer for enemies: ‘Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do’ (Luke 23:34). 

(From The Rainbow of Sorrow)


PAUSE AND PONDER: Do I find it difficult to forgive those who have sinned against me? If Jesus forgave His executioners, how can I hold on to a grudge or desire for revenge? Do I understand that God will forgive me only to the extent that I have forgiven those who have injured me?

                          (Excerpted from Pondering Tidbits of Truth – Volume 6)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - October 1, 2026

Monday Musings - Blessed Fulton Sheen - Too Bad This Did Not Happen

Eucharistic Reflection - Do I Really Believe That...