Pondering Tidbits of Truth - April 4, 2024


Pondering Tidbits of Truth is my simple and inadequate way of providing nuggets of spiritual wisdom for you to chew on from time to time.




Ven. Fulton J. Sheen

“So long as mercy is available for all who despair of their own confusion and conflicts and inner incompleteness, it follows that sin is never the worst thing that can happen to man. The worst thing is the refusal to recognize his sins. For if we are sinners, there is a Savior. If there is a Savior, there is a Cross. If there is a Cross, there is a way of appropriating it to our own lives and our lives to it. When that is done, despair is driven out and we will have the 'peace which the world cannot give’.”

(From the Fulton Sheen Institute - March 17,  2024)

 

St. M. Faustina Kowalska

“[Let] the greatest sinners place their trust in My mercy. They have the right before others to trust in the abyss of My mercy...Souls that make an appeal to My mercy delight Me! To such souls, I grant even more graces than they ask. I cannot punish even the greatest sinner if he makes an appeal to My compassion, but on the contrary, I justify him in My unfathomable and inscrutable mercy...[b]efore I come as a just Judge, I first open wide the door of My mercy. He who refuses to pass through the door of My mercy must pass through the door of My justice." 

(From Divine Mercy in My Soul - Diary 1146)


Ven. Fulton J. Sheen

“There is no power as strong as the uplifted hand of an absolving priest. There is no joy like the return of a prodigal. There is no peace like the peace of sin forgiven. There is no hope like the hope the thief gives us: paradise may still be stolen.”

(From the Fulton Sheen Institute - March 12, 2024)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings - Eucharistic Revival

Good Friday Reflection

Eucharistic Reflection - Love Him