Eucharistic Reflection - You Wait for Me




What follows is just one of 175 Eucharistic Reflections intended to draw you closer to our Eucharistic Lord. 

Have you gotten your copy yet?







Here You are, quietly waiting…waiting for me to come and spend some time with You.

I could have chosen not to come…You give me the freedom to say no. A thousand and one excuses could have kept me away. Even so, You would have waited patiently for me.

Why do You wait? You wait only for me to give back to You a few minutes of the precious time that You have given me as a gift…time I often fill with mindless activity or useless worry.

Of what value is my time to You? You created the universe and hold everything in existence. You created me. You know me through and through—better even than I know myself. You know my every thought. And still, You wait for me in silence.

I come. Do I realize the privilege of being alone with You in this quiet place? Or am I distracted, thinking of the many other things I could be doing? Again, you wait, while I settle myself and still my soul in your presence.

I kneel to pray. Rote prayers first: a prayer of reparation, acts of faith, hope, and love, a litany to your Sacred Heart. I read a gospel passage. I close my eyes to meditate. My unruly mind wanders. I focus on my breathing, telling myself I am in the Presence of God. I struggle to believe this immense reality.

I open my eyes and gaze at You in the monstrance. I long for a sign, a feeling, a response from You, that I may know that You are truly here.

You wait for me…wait for me to quiet my mind, to let go of the endless distractions, to stop thinking only of myself.

The moments slip by. The world fades away. I gaze at You, and You gaze at me. I sense Your love.

You are here in this quiet chapel. You are waiting for me.

Mrs. Angela Martin, OP, from Godhead Here in Hiding Whom I Do Adore - Lay Dominicans Reflect on Eucharistic Adoration)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Monday Musings - Eucharistic Revival

Eucharistic Reflection - Love Him