Eucharistic Reflection - He Looks At Me

"The Heart of Jesus in the tabernacle looks at me. He looks at me always. He looks at me everywhere. He looks at me as if He doesn't have anyone else to look at but me. Why?

Because He loves me. When two people love each other they yearn to look at each other. Inquire of the mother who, without talking and barely breathing, spends hours next to her son as he sleeps. Why does she do this? She will answer, 'I just want to look at my son.'

Why? Because she loves him with all her heart, and her love prevents her from getting tired of looking at him...

The Heart of Jesus loves us. He loves me and everyone with a love as great as His power, and His power does not have limits! It is an omnipotent love!

Yes, He follows me with His gaze, as my mother would do if she could. Soul, stop for a moment and ponder these words: 'The Heart of Jesus is always looking a me'.

How does He look at me? In the world there are looks of fear, of persecution, of vigilance, of love. How does the Heart of Jesus look at me from His Eucharist?

Above all, I tell you that His look is not that of a judging eye, the eye of Cain, the bad brother. It is not the frightened look, of remorse without hope, or of constant judging. No, that isn't how He looks at me now.

How, then, does He look at me? The Gospel gives me the answer: There are three looks of the Lord. One is a look upon the friends who have never fallen away. Another one is for the friends who are falling or who have just fallen away but who want to rise. The third one is for the ones who have fallen and will not rise because they do not want to."

(From The Bishop of the Abandoned Tabernacle)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Monday Musings - Eucharistic Revival

Eucharistic Reflection - Love Him