Pondering Tidbits of Truth - October 21, 2021


Pondering Tidbits of Truth
is my simple and inadequate way of providing nuggets of spiritual wisdom for you to chew on from time to time.

 

 

Catherine Doherty de Heuck, Servant of God

“We eschew any kind of cross. Yet, when we’re discouraged, the cross is the answer. When I’m discouraged, I remember that I have recourse to the only thing I know will keep me from absolute discouragement, and that is Calvary. Whenever I feel that the things of this world are too much for me, I take refuge at the foot of the cross.” 

(From The Cross Is The Answer, appearing in February 2021 issue of Restoration)

 

St. Catherine of Siena

"He will provide the way and the means, such as you could never have imagined. Leave it all to Him, let go of yourself, lose yourself on the Cross, and you will find yourself entirely." 

(From The Dialogue)

 

St. Bernadette Soubirous

"O my God, I do not ask you to keep me from suffering, but to be with me in affliction. Teach me to seek you as my only comforter; sustain my faith; strengthen my hope; purify my love. Grant me the grace to recognize your hand in the midst of suffering and to want no other comforter than you."

(From A Holy Life: The Writings of St. Bernadette)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Monday Musings - Eucharistic Revival

Eucharistic Reflection - Love Him