Monday Musings - God's Mercy

(Image Source: Wikimedia Commons)
Lord, I do not recall the exact day or date when You showered Your mercy upon me. I was not particularly close to You at the time. But I do remember the place - my former parish while I was sitting in a pew in front of Your tabernacle - complaining to You about the suffering You had asked my dying Mom to endure.

In Your infinite wisdom and love, You used my mother's suffering and subsequent death for her eternal benefit and to draw me closer to You.

I recall sitting in the pew and thinking about my life up to that point in time. You allowed me to see the many times I was on the brink of falling into hell for all eternity. That day, You let me appreciate  how much You loved me by showing me how often You had withheld Your hand of Justice and extended Your hand of mercy!

I believe You when you told St. Faustina that You would extend Your mercy, even to the most wretched of sinners, who seek it prior to death with just a repenting glance. 

How many Chaplets of Divine Mercy I have offered over the ensuing years for the salvation of so many souls. 

From this moment forward Lord, let me quick to love, to forgive and to be merciful to all whom I encounter - especially those closest to me whom I have so frequently disappointed - since those are the undeserved gifts I have so often received from You.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 21, 2024