Eucharistic Reflection - The Eucharist Unites Us To Jesus Christ

(Image Source: Wikimedia Commons)
"A saint used to say that we were God-bearers. It is really true because at the moment of receiving the Blessed Eucharist, and as long as the Sacred Species subsist, Jesus Christ is substantially present with His Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity in our body and our soul. 

We are thus tabernacles, living ciboria of Jesus Christ. What are You doing, O my Savior, during this quarter of an hour, when You deign to dwell in me; when You are in contact with my body and my soul? I cure you of your spiritual laziness, strive to draw you into My Heart; I set you on fire with flames of love for God and for your brethren. 

O mystery of condescension and of divine love! Give me O Jesus, an understanding and relish of it."

                                                     (St. John Marie Vianney from  The Eucharistic Meditations of the Cure D'Ars)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Monday Musings - Eucharistic Revival