Pondering Tidbits of Truth - October 24, 2019






Pondering Tidbits of Truth is my simple and inadequate way of providing nuggets of spiritual wisdom for you to chew on from time to time






St. Frances de Sales

"It is horrible irreverence to Him who with so much love and sweetness invites us to perfection, to say, ‘I do not want to be holy, or perfect, or to have a greater share in Your friendship, or to follow the counsels You give me to advance in it.” 

(From Finding God’s Will For You)


Saint Bernadette Soubirous
 
"Jesus does not want us to be attached to possessions, to human honors, to creatures. He asks humility. But His love and His generosity make this detachment less difficult and less cruel to our nature. Nothing else matters to me anymore, nothing has any value for me but Jesus, no place, no thing, no person, no idea, no feeling, no honor, no suffering, nothing that can turn me away from Jesus. For me, Jesus Himself is my honor, my delight, my heart, my spirit, He whom I love, what I love, my home Heaven here on earth. Jesus is my treasure and my love and Jesus crucified is my only happiness."
(From A Holy Life: The Writings of St. Bernadette)


St. Josemaria Escriva


"[The tabernacle should be a Bethany for us] a quiet and pleasant place where Christ resides. A place where we can tell him about our worries, our sufferings, our desires, our joys, with the same sort of simplicity and naturalness as Martha, Mary and Lazarus.” 

(From Christ is Passing By)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Musings - Eucharistic Revival

Eucharistic Reflection - Love Him

Good Friday Reflection