Eucharistic Reflection - Jesus Has Two Thrones



(Image Source - Wikimedia Commons)

“Jesus would have two thrones, one of glory in Heaven, the other of meekness and goodness on earth; two courts, the triumphant and heavenly court, and the court of the redeemed here below. …In what state was Jesus to remain with us?

In a transitory state, from time to time? No; He would remain with us in a continuous state, and always. But at this point a wonderful struggle took place in the soul of Jesus. 

Divine justice protested. Was not the Redemption over and the Church founded? Was not man given possession of grace and of the Gospel, of the Divine law and of the help to keep it? 

The Heart of Jesus answered that what was enough to effect the Redemption was not enough to satisfy His love; that a mother is not content with giving birth to her child but that she feeds it, brings it up, and follows it everywhere. 

‘I love men more than the best of mothers ever loved her child! I will stay with them . . .’

(Photo©Michael Seagriff)
‘Under what form?’ ‘Under the veiled form of the Sacrament.’ Divine majesty objected to such a humiliation, greater than that of the Incarnation, and more self-abasing than the Passion itself: ‘The salvation of man does not call for such abasement.’

‘But,’ replied the Sacred Heart, ‘I want to veil Myself and My glory, lest the splendor of My Person prevent my poor brethren from coming to me as the glory of Moses once did the Jews. I want to throw a veil over My virtues, lest they humiliate man and incline him to despair of ever attaining so perfect a Model.’

‘He will thus come to Me more easily, and, seeing Me stoop down to the very confines of nothingness, he will come down with Me. I will have the right to say to him with more authority: 'Learn of Me, that I am meek and humble of heart.'

What means will Jesus take to perpetuate Himself?


The Holy Ghost was the fitting author of the mystery of the Incarnation; at the Last Supper, Jesus did everything Himself. But who, in the future, would be deemed worthy to preside at such a mystery?

A man: the priest! . . . But Divine wisdom objected: "What! A mortal man will effect the Incarnation of his Savior and God? A man will co-operate with the Holy Ghost in this new incarnation of the Divine Word? A man will command the immortal King of ages and will be obeyed?"

‘Yes,’ said the Heart of Jesus. ‘Yes, I will love man to the point of being subject to him in all things. I will come down from Heaven at the call of a priest. I will leave My tabernacle at the least wish of the faithful. I will go through the streets of the city to visit My children on their bed of pain.  . . . Love glories in loving, in giving of its own, in sacrificing itself.’

And the sanctity of God also protested: ‘But Thou wilt at least be present only in a temple worthy of Thy glory. Thou wilt have priests worthy of Thy kingship. In the New Law everything must be more beautiful than in the Old Law. Only the Christians that are pure and well prepared will receive Thee.’
‘My love,’ said Jesus, ‘is without reserve or condition. On Calvary I obeyed My executioners. If other Judases come to Me, I will still accept their diabolical kiss; I will obey them’."


(From The Real Presence by St. Peter Julian Eymard)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Monday Musings - Eucharistic Revival

Eucharistic Reflection - Love Him