Worth Revisiting - Do You Treasure His Presence?

Thank you, Allison Gingras at Reconciled To You  and Elizabeth Riordan at Theology Is A Verb for   hosting Catholic bloggers at Worth Revisiting. It is a privilege for us to share our work with them and their readers.

I would like to share this:

Do You Treasure His Presence? 

(Originally posted August 25, 2014)


My wife and I will be boarding a train later this afternoon to return home ending a nearly three week visit with our son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren. I thank God that He blessed us with this unforgettable time together.
Unfortunately, my visits to the local Catholic Church here created a heaviness and sadness  in my heart. There was no tabernacle in the main Church or Chapel. Our Lord was confined to a small room that accommodated only eight individuals.

The loud chatter and laughter before and immediately after the end of Mass each day made silent prayer an enormous challenge if not an impossibility.  The conduct of those present gave no visible evidence that His Presence among and within them was of much importance. 
When I later discovered that most of those at Mass that morning were teachers in the parish's school, I held little hope that any of  the children in their care would ever come to really appreciate, value and reverence our Eucharistic Lord.

I pray and will pray that I am wrong.
I will also pray that they and anyone else who questions Christ Presence here on earth among us, will come not only to believe but treasure this Great Gift .

Perhaps, the following brief testimonies of those who spend at least one Holy Hour each week with Jesus will draw someone into His loving, ever-present, always welcoming and embracing Eucharistic arms:

“It is a mystery to me, why there are not more people coming to the Adoration Chapel. To me, I would be lost without it. To be able to actually come and talk with God is unimaginable to me, not just on my assigned time but whenever I feel the need.”


“The feeling I get from my visits surpasses al feelings of joy and gratitude. My prayers have been answered so many times. As I look at the book of Prayer Requests, you see how many people who come here to pray, not only for themselves, but for others also. It gives you the opportunity to pray for others that you did not know were suffering. The Adoration Chapel means so much to me. I pray that more people will sign up so that we will always be able to continue what God started.”
“There is an assurance and peace that comes with knowing God is always here. We are never on our own. Daily prayers brings us an inner quiet, one hour a week is the ‘cement’. I am so grateful for all the love and joy that has come into my life and that is what I concentrate on - what He has given me – love, family and Himself.”
‘My husband passed away a year ago in May. My Church and the Adoration Chapel help me. I prayed and asked God to help me and He did. The Adoration Chapel is a very peaceful place. You can talk to God and cry if you need to. Coming to the Chapel has helped me get through each day, one step at a time, It has helped ease the pain. Thank you Jesus for your help and for the Adoration Chapel.”

“Perpetual Adoration is the highlight of my week - the quiet and peaceful time I have to spend with Jesus without interruption. I can share with Him all my problems and joys. I have had many prayers answered, large and small. I tell Him I love Him and I know He hears me.”

  
“Adoration has become a corner stone of my life. I have learned so much about my Faith during my Chapel time because of the books and materials available. More importantly, I have learned about Jesus’ Real Presence in the Eucharist which has enabled me to draw closer to Jesus and know God’s presence in my daily life and the life of my family. I can’t imagine life without Adoration.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Eucharistic Reflection - To Have The Right Intention

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 7, 2024