Eucharistic Reflection - The Invention of Love



"Now write for My souls: I want to tell them of the poignant sorrow which filled My heart at the Last Supper. If it was bliss for Me to think of those to whom I should be both Companion and Heavenly Food, of all those would surround Me to the end of time with adoration, reparation and love…this in no wise diminished My grief at the many who leave Me deserted in My tabernacle and who would not even believe in MY Real Presence…Sacrileges and outrages, and all the nameless abominations to be committed against Me passed before My eyes…

(Image source: Wikimedia Commons)

It is love for souls that keeps Me a prisoner in the Blessed Sacrament, I stay there that all may come and find the comfort they need in the tenderest of Hearts, the best of Fathers, the most faithful of Friends, who will never abandon them. The Holy Eucharist is the invention of Love…Yet how few souls correspond to that love which spends and consumes itself for them."

(Sister Josefa Menendez from The Way of Divine Love)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 21, 2024