Eucharistic Reflection – Purify My Heart, O Lord



(Image source: Wikimedia Commons)

O my God, when You do condescend to suffer me to receive You, to eat and drink You, and You for a while take up Your abode within me, O make my heart beat with Your Heart. Purify it of all that is earthly, all that is proud and sensual, all that is hard and cruel, of all perversity, of all disorder, of all deadness. So fill it with You that neither the events of the day nor the circumstances of the time may have power to ruffle it, but that in Your love and Your fear it may have peace.

(From Meditations and Devotions by Blessed John Henry Cardinal Newman)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Eucharistic Reflection - To Have The Right Intention

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 7, 2024