Eucharistic Reflection - A Time of Encounter


(Photo©Michael Seagriff)
It [Eucharistic Adoration] is a time of encounter between the depths of our misery and the depths of God's love. It is there that I can know that I am loved by Christ who delivered himself for me. Everything is from him. He knows how to untie the knots that keep me in their grip. There, I to be silent in the deepest part of myself in order to be transformed by the Holy Spirit, real problems resolving themselves at the foot of the tabernacle. Jesus said to Angela of Foligno: "Concern yourself with me, and I will concern myself with you." Adoration nourishes faith, trains it to avoid lapsing into unbelief or superstition. It is essential among this people that believes that it is being injured. Adoration is not a pharmacy but the gratuitousness of God's gift.

(Archbishop Kébreau of Cap-HaItien quoted in Could You Not Watch With Me One Hour? by Father Florian Racine)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Monday Musings - Eucharistic Revival

Eucharistic Reflection - Love Him