Eucharistic Reflection – The Most Tender of Friends


I find my consolation in the only companion of mine who never leaves me, that is, our divine Savior in the Holy Eucharist.

It is at the foot of the altar that we find the strength we need in our isolation. Without the Blessed Sacrament, a situation like mine would not be sustainable. But with our Lord at my side, well then! I continue to be always happy and content. With this gaiety of heart and a smile on my lips, I work with zeal for the good of the poor unfortunate lepers, and little by little, without much fuss, good is done. . . . [Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament] is the most tender of friends with souls that seek to please him. His goodness knows how to proportion itself to the littlest of his creatures as to the greatest. Do not fear, then, in solitary conversations, to speak to him of your woes, your fears, your troubles, those who are dear to you, your plans, your hopes; do it confidently and with an open heart.'

(Saint Damien of Molokai, quoted in Could You Not Watch With Me One Hour? by Father Florian Racine)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 21, 2024