Updating My Corpus Christi Prayer Request

On June 9, 2012, I had asked my readers to pray for the spiritual and physical well-being of my twin sister Jane who was about to begin treatment for an aggressive form of lung cancer. It is long past time for me to let you wonderful people know the results of your prayerful support.

So many have been praying for her and many of you mentioned her by name as Jesus processed past you on Corpus Christi. We are eternally grateful for all your prayers. She just completed five weeks of chemotherapy and seven weeks of radiation. God in His mercy spared her from the most dire and debilitating side effects she could have experienced from this treatment.

Moreover, some preliminary testing midway through her course of treatment indicated the tumors were shrinking. Our God is great and merciful. Praise God!

Tomorrow she is scheduled to have some scans and x-rays to determine to what extent her treatment has been successful in getting rid of the cancer in her lungs. She will have to wait until September 17th for the results.

If the treatment has been successful, she will start a two week course of radiation to her brain, the site where her type of cancer tends to gravitate. We remain confident and positive that God will continue the healing process for her.

In the meanwhile, may I selfishly ask this wonderful army of prayer warriors to continue lifting Jane up to our Loving Lord, that she be accepting of His will for her, and that she welcome the Peace and Comfort that only He can give? I would be most appreciative if you would pass this on-going request to your family, friends and fellow parishioners.

How blessed we are, have been, and will be by the gift of your prayers.

Comments

  1. I'll bring it to my prayer group. My parish also has a prayer wall. I'll pin this intention on it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Eucharistic Reflection - To Have The Right Intention

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 7, 2024