Eucharistic Reflection

"Ah, my Jesus! what loving invention was this of the Most Blessed Sacrament, to hide Yourself under the appearance of bread, in order to make Yourself loved and that You might be found on earth by all who desire You! The prophet was right in saying that men should speak and raise their voices throughout the world, in order to make known to all men to what an excess the inventions of the love of our good God go for us: 'Make His works known among the people.' "

"'The voice of my Beloved knocking: Open to Me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled' (Song 5:2). Such are the words which Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament speaks to those who love and desire Him. Open to Me, He says, O soul, your heart, and there I will come to unite Myself to you; so that, being one with Me, you may become my sister by resemblance, my friend by participation in my riches, my dove by the gift of simplicity, my undefiled by the gift of purity, which I shall communicate to you. And then He goes on to say, 'Open to Me, for my head is full of dew and my locks the drops of the night.' As if He said: Consider, my beloved, that I have waited for you all the night of the bad life you have led in the midst of darkness and error. Behold, now, instead of bringing scourges to chastise you, I come in the Blessed Sacrament, with my hair full of heavenly dew, to extinguish in you all impure desires towards creatures, and to kindle in you the happy fire of my love. Come, then, O my beloved Jesus, and work in me what You will."

(St. Alphonsus Liguori)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 21, 2024