Pondering Tidbits of Truth - May 4, 2023



Pondering Tidbits of Truth is my simple and inadequate way of providing nuggets of spiritual wisdom for you to chew on from time to time.



St. Catherine of Siena

“To join two things together, there must be nothing between them or there cannot be a perfect fusion. Now realize that this is how God wants our soul to be, without any selfish love of ourselves or of others in between, just as God loves us without anything in between.” 

(From thehookoffaith.com)

 

Venerable Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen 

“How God will judge my life I know not, but I trust he will see me with mercy and compassion. I am only certain there will be three surprises in Heaven. First of all, I will see some people whom I never expected to see. Second, there will be a number whom I expect who will not be there. And – even relying on God’s mercy – the biggest surprise of all may be that I will be there. When the record of any human life is set down, there are three pairs of eyes who see it in a different light. 1. As I see it. 2. As others see it. 3. As God sees it.”

 (From Treasures In Clay)

 

St. Josemaría Escrivá

"Going to Communion every day for so many years! Anybody else would be a saint by now", you told me, "and I … I’m always the same!" "Son," I replied, "keep up your daily Communion, and think: what would I be if I had not gone.”

(From The Way) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eucharistic Reflection - Love Him

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - April 18, 2024

Good Friday Reflection