Eucharistic Reflection - Do Not Go Away!

(St. Vincent Ferrer Parish, NYC)

Jesus: "Do not go away from My Tabernacle, friends of my Sacred Heart, for I wish to repeat an ever-poignant complaint. I refer to a bleeding wound that a sin of yours made in My Side. It is a wound cruel above all, because it was made by the good who called themselves My friends. How they wound Me to the Heart in measuring out to Me their love!

If you knew the tears of anguish that I weep when the children of My own household treat Me with indifferent courtesy and respectful coldness like a distinguished foreigner. They dare to act in that manner toward the God of love, the merciful Savior Who invites them to sit daily at the banquet of all bounty and all graces. There are thousands of souls who would now be saints if they had plunged generously into the abyss of My Heart. How little My love is understood and how badly repaid it is by them.

All these souls belong to Me by right, by the most sacred of rights, but lukewarmness halts them and paralyzes the flight of their hearts. They are beautiful souls, but they do not vibrate to the interest of My glory. For want of generosity they lack zeal in their love. They see Me weep on the cross, but through lack of meditation and prayer they have no source of tears to weep with Me. They see Me alone in my Eucharistic home, but My solitude does not appeal to their hearts; on the contrary, it bores them, and they cannot find a word of tenderness for the hidden God of the altar. How unhappy are these poor souls! A glacial cold kills them and wounds Me at the same time. Not knowing what to say to their best Friend, they go off and, like the Apostles, leave Me alone with My agony and My Angels.

But you others, thirsting for my glory, like Veronica, atone for the cruel wound made in my heart by lack of delicacy, of generosity, and of zeal in so many of my own children.

To dispel the sadness which they caused, offer Me your ardent, reparatory love. Because of you I wish to forget the offenses of My spoiled children. Look once more at this wide, deep Wound, made by those of My own household. 

You who burn with the heavenly flame of love and zeal, have pity on Me, your Jesus, because I search everywhere for faithful souls and apostles in whom to confide but do not find them. Do you know why? It is because I preach, redeem, and sanctify souls on the cross. Now the greater number of my friends hold this in horror; but you who love Me sincerely, afford Me great consolation by your favor, your spirit of sacrifice, and by your desire for holiness."

(Rev. Mateo Crawley-Boevey, SS.CC.from Twenty Holy Hours)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Eucharistic Reflection - To Have The Right Intention

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 7, 2024