Eucharistic Reflection - The Divine Beggar

(Image Source: Wikimedia Commons)

 

“See how proud men pass before My altar, seeking the esteem and applause of men. They pass by preferring a fleeting honor to My love. I am relegated to the shadows of My sanctuary from whence I utter these words: Learn of Me for I am humble and poor. Yes, poor because I have renounced the wealth of the world to open the treasures of the eternal paradise to you. I have become the poorest of the poor. Out of love I have become a Beggar. That is why I am despised by the world which makes a god of gold and money. To the world I am as a nobody, because I was born in a stable and lived in the obscurity of Nazareth; because I died in the destitution of Calvary; because I continue to relive these humiliations in the Eucharist. I am a rejected pauper and the miserable, perishable goods of this world are preferred to Me.”

(From Twenty Holy Hours by Rev. Mateo Crawley-Boevey, SS.CC.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Monday Musings - Eucharistic Revival

Eucharistic Reflection - Love Him