Eucharistic Reflection - Our Unbelievable Foolishness

“My Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, how can I ever express the sympathy and sorrow which should be expressed for the unbelievable foolishness which we show in our daily neglect of You. The church is so crowded on Sunday [written in 1954] with men and women who are ready to do what they must do to save their souls. But on weekdays, the same Church has but a handful of people who rise a little earlier to come and kneel at Your feet. Others will rise earlier for a number of other reasons, but for an extra half hour with You, they will not do so. 

(Photo©Michael Seagriff)

You offer so much in the Mass and Holy Communion, yet we do so little to deserve Your generosity and love. Lord, place my heart in Yours for a moment and inflame it with the fire of Your love. Let me grow in appreciation of Holy Communion so that I may come to You more often. You desire to come to me that You many grant me more graces and blessings. In Holy Communion the privilege is all mine. I shall never forget this again. Amen."

(Father Anthony J. Paone, S.J. from My Daily Bread)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Monday Musings - Eucharistic Revival