Eucharistic Reflection - May We Never Delude Ourselves




(Photo © Michael Seagriff)


"It is night and I long for the morning when Jesus will possess me and I shall possess Jesus. Have I deserved this favor? No, my Father, is it not true? Jesus, my God, the only object of my affections. What a joy for me if I should die after receiving Him. Yes, to die in the ecstasy of Holy Communion. My only Love, Jesus . . . I await You.



Oh, at least let the transports of my tenderness make You forget the bitterness of my worthlessness. Deluded indeed are they who love anyone beside Jesus. Oh my God, You deign once again on this day to cast a glance upon the least worthy of all Your children. It is too much, Oh my God, too much.



My God, I adore You. I am dying of love for You, I have Your sweet Name ever in my mind, in my heart and on my lips. Jesus, Jesus, now and ever! Jesus, light of my heart and my soul. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!" 


(St. Gemma Galgani from Blessed Gemma Galgani by Benedict Williamson)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Monday Musings - Eucharistic Revival

Eucharistic Reflection - Love Him