Pondering Tidbits Of Truth - April 11, 2013

Pondering Tidbits of Truth is my simple and inadequate way of providing nuggets of spiritual wisdom for you to chew on from time to time.



Father Anthony J. Paone, S.J.

[Jesus speaking:]:

"Forget yourself and you will someone far greater - Me. Let Me decide what your life shall be each day. No offering of yours can please Me completely until you have given Me the greatest gift of all - your will. Do this by preferring whatever I send you each day. Do your very best, and then accept the results as My will.

(From My Daily Bread)
 
 
Rafael Cardinal Merry del Val
“Have a great devotion to the Passion of Our Lord. With peace and resignation, put up with your daily troubles and worries. Remember that you are not a disciple of Christ unless you partake of His sufferings and are associated with His Passion. The help of the grace of silence was the only thing that enabled the saints to carry their extremely heavy crosses. We can show our love for Him by accepting with joy the cross He sends our way.”
 
 (From The Power of the Cross- Applying The Passion of Christ to Your Life by Michael Dubriel)
 

 
St. Catherine of Siena
  
[Jesus speaking:]
 
“I distribute the virtues quiet diversely; I do not give all of them to each person…I shall give principally charity to one; justice to another; humility to this one; a living faith to that one…And so, I have given many gifts and graces, both spiritual and temporal, with such diversity that I have not given everything to one single person, so that you may be constrained to practice charity towards one another.
 
(From Catechism of the Catholic Church 1937)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 21, 2024