Eucharistic Reflection - An Invitation From Jesus


                

“My child, if My true presence on the altar were limited to one place alone, many people from all parts of the world would try to visit that place at some time or other in their lives, Yet, now, that I have made it easy for all to come to Me, see how many visit Me only when they are obliged!
 

 

Many people are so cold toward me. Like children they are impressed only by what they can touch and see. I have given them the greatest treasure in the Blessed Sacrament. Through My Apostles and their successors, I have promised to be personally present wherever the Blessed Sacrament is. Make every effort to be deeply impressed by this greatest of all earthly gifts.

 

It is not enough for you to believe in My real presence upon the altar. I placed Myself there for love of you. I wanted to be near you in some visible way, so that you might visit Me as often as you wished. You should wish it as often as possible.

 

People come to Me for different reasons. Some come only on Sundays and holy days, through a sense of obligation. Either they do not want to lose Heaven, or they desire My help in their daily life. Then there are those who come to Me through mere habit. They act automatically, without any particular devotion to Me. There, are, however, a certain number who come to Me for the best reason. They come because they are glad to be near Me. These people please Me best of all. They receive many extra graces which are not granted to the others.

 

Consider how devoted My saints were to Me. They seized every opportunity to visit Me and stay with Me. They desired to abandon all useless interests so that they might have more time with Me. In return for this generosity with Me, they received a clearer understanding of My boundless goodness and a deeper appreciation of My infinite love.

 

You too have the opportunity to give Me  more of your time and attention. Make a greater effort to come closer to Me in friendship. You have the privilege of kneeling before Me like the simple, wonderful shepherds; the tired, admiring Magi; the suffering, begging leper; the penitent, hopeful Magdalene, the convinced, converted Thomas. How are you taking advantage of this privilege?

 

How much easier it will be for you to face Me in your judgment if you have loved to face Me often during your earthly life. Each visit to Me is an act of faith, of love, and of self-purification. Come to Me often, so that I may shower more of My gifts upon your soul.” 

(From My Daily Bread by Father Anthony J. Paone, S.J., available from the Confraternity ofThe Precious Blood)

 

 


 

Comments

  1. This is so beautiful. I love the Eucharistic meditations written in the voice of Jesus. It makes me want to jump up and run to church, even though today we had Mass and Benediction. We so need a close relationship with Jesus if we are going to stand up to the challenges to our Faith.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 21, 2024