Book Review - The Contemplative Rosary with St. John Paul II and St. Teresa of Avila

Bringing the Mysteries of the most Holy Rosary to Life

Let me be frank. Dan Burke and Connie Rossini are fine outstanding lay Catholics whose efforts on behalf of the Lord they serve have touched the hearts of countless souls seeking a closer union with God. Nary a day passes without my being enriched by the wisdom and insight they share at spiritualdirection.com  and at authenticcontemplativeprayer.


But I am upset with both of them! Why you ask? Because I was too weak to stand my ground, to honor the promise I made not to buy another book this year! It is THEIR fault that I was unfaithful to that promise and succumbed once again to that “buy with one click” button on Amazon.

Had they not written The Contemplative Rosary with St. John Paul II and St. Teresa of  Avila, I would have been successful in fulfilling my promise. They should have known that this rosary loving Lay Dominican, who never leaves home without his beads, would rush to get a copy. It’s unfair that they chose this particular point in time to write a book that will enhance the prayer life of those who read and follow its recommendations, that will bring the mysteries of the Rosary to life, and that will draw souls closer to the eternal embrace of a loving God.

Most of the concepts in this book were not completely foreign to me. Some had been forgotten or weakened by inattention and distraction and others had become too routine. What an excellent job the authors have done to incorporate their unique insights and the wisdom of St. John Paul II and St. Teresa of Avila into one concise volume. The pictures and reflections are lush with fruit for meditation. 

Let me end with a suggestion and a plea: get your copy of The Contemplative Rosary with St. John Paul II and St. Teresa of Avila now; and Dan and Connie, please do not write or publish any more books this year. I don’t want to break another promise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 21, 2024