Pondering Tidbits of Truth - November 16, 2017

Add caption


Pondering Tidbits of Truth is my simple and inadequate way of providing nuggets of spiritual wisdom for you to chew on from time to time





St. John of Avila

"Dear brothers and sisters, I pray God may open your eyes and let you see what hidden treasures he bestows on us in the trials from which the world thinks only to flee. Shame turns into honor when we seek God's glory. Present affliction become the source of heavenly glory. To those who suffer wounds in fighting his battles God opens his arms in loving, tender friendship. That is why he (Christ) tells us that if we want to join him, we shall travel the way He took. It is surely not right that the Son of God should go His way on the path of shame while the sons of men walk the way of worldly honor: 'The disciple is not above his teacher, nor the servant greater than his master'." 


A Member of the Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary

"My sin is always my own! St. Ignatius impresses upon us in the beginning of the Exercises this fundamental truth: Man is created to save his own soul. No one else can save my soul for me, and no one else can lose my soul for me. Salvation or damnation must be my own work."

(From Meditation on the Passion)



Father Raoul Plus, S.J.

“Look how our Christians live. The greater number are sound pagans, among whom may be found certain traces of Christianity. Take a professed Christian and one who is not – a lawyer, a doctor, a merchant…How do they differ?  And the reply comes back too often: ‘How?.” 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Eucharistic Reflection - To Have The Right Intention

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 7, 2024