Eucharistic Reflection - My Listening Lord



 

(Photo©Michael Seagriff)
“O Jesus, hidden God, more friendly than a brother, I believe most firmly that You are present, a few feet only from where I kneel. 

You are behind that little wall, listening to every word of confidence and love, and thanksgiving, and praise. Listening when my heart is free to pour itself out to You as the brook to the river in the days of spring. Listening more tenderly when the stream is ice-bound; when I kneel before You troubled, wearied, anxious about many things – about may souls perhaps – yet dry and hard, without a word to say. 

Make my heart so perfectly at ease with You, O Lord, that it may be able to turn to You even in its coldness and inertness; to confide to You naturally all that most intimately concerns it; to be content with this, when discontented with all else, with self most of all – that You know all men and need not that any should give testimony of man, for You know what is in man.”

(Mother Mary Loyola from Coram Santissimo)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 21, 2024