Eucharistic Reflection - Have You Not Failed?



“O Lover of men, so lonely, so forsaken, if Your object in staying with us day and night was to win our love, have You not failed? 
(Image source: Wikimedia Commons)
 Has it been worth Your while to work miracle after miracle to produce Your Real Presence upon the altar? Have I made it worth Your while to be there for me? Jesus, dear Jesus, I bury my face in my hands; I know of no heart more ungrateful, more callous than my own. I have been miserably unmindful of Your Presence here for me. I have let self, pleasure, troubles even – anything and everything furnish an excuse for keeping away from You and neglecting You in that sacramental life which is lived here for me.”

(Mother Mary Loyola from Coram Sanctissimo – Before The Most Holy)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Monday Musings - Eucharistic Revival