Eucharistic Reflection - Sink Into The Ground of Adoration

"...There is a very real sense in which the prayer of adoration is a loss of one’s life. It is a kind of falling into the ground to die. Remember this when you come to adore Me.

Look at the Sacred Host and see Me who am the grain of wheat fallen into the ground and risen to life, and become the food of a vast multitude of souls, and this until the end of time. The grain of wheat that I was has become the Host that I am.

When you adore Me, forgetting yourself and forsaking all things for Me, you imitate Me, for adoration is a kind of death. It is a passing out of everything that solicits the senses and a cleaving to Me alone in the bright darkness of faith. So it will be in the hour of your death.

The more deeply you sink into adoration, the more deeply are you planted in the earth, there to die, and there to sprout, and finally to bring forth much fruit.

Sink into the ground of adoration. Consent to disappear, to forsake appearances, and to die. Enter into the silence of the Host. Become by grace what you contemplate in faith: Here I am hidden, silent, and forsaken by all save a very few whom I have chosen to enter into my hiddenness, my silence, and my solitude.

If you would serve Me, follow me into my Eucharistic state. Lose all that the world counts as something and become with Me something that the world counts as nothing."

(From Vultus Christi - In Senu Jesu, The Journal of a Priest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Friday Reflection

Monday Musings - Eucharistic Revival