Pondering Tidbits of Truth - August 26, 2015

Pondering Tidbits of Truth is my simple and inadequate way of providing nuggets of spiritual wisdom for you to chew on from time to time.


St. Maria Faustina Kowalska

"I must take no heed of the opinion of others, but obey  the evidence of my own conscience and take God to be the witness of all my actions. I must do everything and act in all matters now as I would like to do and act at the hour of my death. For this reason, in every action I must be mindful of God.

(From Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska)

Saint John Paul II


"It is only by means of the Eucharist that we are able to live the heroic virtues of Christianity, such as charity to pardon one's enemies; the love which enables us to suffer; the capacity to give one's life for another; chastity at all times of life and in in all situations; patience in the face of suffering and the apparent silence of God in human history or our very own existence. Therefore, strive to always be Eucharistic souls a so as to be authentic Christians."

(From Homily, August 19, 1979)



St. Augustine

"I am the food of grown men. Grow, and you shall feed upon Me. You will not change Me into yourself, as you change food into your flesh, but you will be changed into Me."

(From Confessions)

Comments

  1. Thankyou for your posts. This condensed way of explaining the teaching of the faith is easy to understand and is very interesting and helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for your helpful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Elaine for taking the time to visit and to comment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eucharistic Reflection - To Have The Right Intention

Good Friday Reflection

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 7, 2024